Monday, June 21, 2010

How can I fully unistall Norton antivirus comes with XP to put Kaspersky?

I bought my Acer laptop with free terial of Norton Antivirus 90 days already installed. it was expired then I tried to unistall it. But as known Norton is spraying alot of viruses if you try to unistall.



How can I fully unistall Norton antivirus comes with XP to put Kaspersky?microsoft office



Start %26gt; Control pannel %26gt; Add/Remove programs. Highlight and delete norton.



Or Start %26gt; Settings %26gt; control pannel %26gt;add/remove programs. Highlight norton and delete.



Norton web site does have a removal tool. I still found traces left behind.



How can I fully unistall Norton antivirus comes with XP to put Kaspersky?norton antivirus



In my opinion you have to clean registry and disk with CM DiskCleaner
First - Use the add and remove programs.



Then use regcleaner to clean the registry of all traces of norton and symantec. Use the search the registry to find all registry entries with names norton and symantec. Be sure to use the regcleaner not other same sounding names.



Caution: Be careful with the registry because it could really mess up your computer if you make a mistake.



Download from:



http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.ht...
Try booting up in safe mode. Press F8 before the Windows splash screen when booting up, then choose Start Windows in Safe Mode. Then you can uninstall Norton.



I highly recommend Avast! Antivirus. It's free for home users and not quite the memory hog as Kaspersky.
Norton is crazy to uninstall. Aside from their typical uninstall with the program you will probably want to look into a registry cleaner so that you can get rid of the small traces left. I can say though that I removed Norton for Kaspersky also and I still find small traces of Norton in folders I never thought possible. Just remove them as you come to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment