Monday, June 21, 2010

Are there any free anti-virus programmes??

I think my email %26 ebay has been hacked, my antivuris ran out a while ago so its my own fault, s there any good antivirus programmes which are free?



I live in the uk



Are there any free anti-virus programmes??pop up blocker



Try avast.



Are there any free anti-virus programmes??systemworks



like the previou user said, i would also recommend avast(www.avast.com) or open-souce software clamwin (www.clamwin.com) but the later is a relatively new software and may not have the capabilities you need.



cheers!
avg is a good program which i have used myself with no ill effects....
Yahoo Toolbar
Most will tell you AVG and Kaspersky are your best choices. I tried both but it started bothering me. I forgot why though, maybe the updaters, system slowing.. I have been using Avira Antivirus instead and I've been delighted with it. I used to work for McAfee, but of late I'm of the opinion some free programs are better, and I'd recommend Avira whole-heartedly.



Mind you, you should use anti-spyware tools too these days. There's a Dutch program called Hitman Pro, which combines it all including a shite NOID virusscan. Since you probably don't speak Dutch, try Ad-Aware by Lavasoft at least. SpyDoctor and Scotty the Windows Watchdog (winpatrol) are also excellent. Lastly, Everest Home Edition by Lavalys will give you all the necessary information of your system, when you need it.
You can download Norton for free with Google Pack. You have to install a downloader first, you also have the option to download some other great programs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment